Relocating to The UK

Planning on moving to the UK from Australia? Palmers International Relocations offers a complete service for every step of your UK removals journey. Whether you are looking for a full load removal to the UK or a shared shipping container, we have an option to suit every budget, with years of experience to guide you every step of the way.

What Services Do I Need to Move to the UK?

When relocating to the UK, it is important to use a trusted international relocation service that offers the services you need for a hassle-free move.

Here at Palmers Relocations, we have a number of years experience of moves to the UK and offer assistance at every step of the journey. Offering both full and part load removals as well as pet and vehicle removals to the UK, you can rest assured your belongings are in safe hands.

Air freight, sea freight, shipping containers and trucks

Part Load Or Full Load Removals

At Palmers, we can relocate any size shipment from a single box of clothing up to a 40ft container of household goods and cars.

Whilst Brexit might have changed the UK importing and customs clearance process, we provide a full up-front cost for your relocation to the UK and will guide you through each stage. This will cover all costs associated with the move both in the UK & Australia allowing you to budget for your move in confidence.



Full Container Load (FCL)

If you will be relocating to the UK with a two-bedroom or larger shipment or transporting your car or furniture to the UK, this international shipping solution will suit you. As a rule of thumb, once a shipment is the equivalent of more than half a container (20 cubic metres), it is best to relocate via an FCL rather than a shared container.

Whilst this might sound strange, the money you do save through combining shipping costs is actually outweighed by the UK customs, haulage and clearance fees. The best way to find the most cost-effective solution for your move is to arrange for a Palmers Relocations consultant to provide you with an obligation-free in-home move survey.

Groupage (Shared Consignments)

Shared Consignments refer to a shipment of multiple consignments within the one shipping container bound for the UK. Because the United Kingdom is home to Australia’s largest expat community, we send combined shipments (groupage) every 3-4 weeks to the port of London Gateway, UK where it is then cleared by customs and delivered to your home shortly afterwards.

Moving your Vehicle to the UK?

1 in 6 of our clients at Palmers moves at least one motor vehicle with them when moving to the UK. We relocate over 500 vehicles, boats and motorcycles each year to the UK, each one delivered safely.

When relocating to the UK, cars can be imported in duty-free on the condition that they are not under any form of finance agreement and have been owned by the importer for over 6 months. They must also not be disposed of within 12 months of the move or VAT fees will apply.

To move your vehicle to the UK, simply deliver your vehicle to one of our depots. Alternatively, we can collect your vehicle. You will need to remove the number plates to return to the RTA, provide registration and proof of ownership of the vehicle and we will do the rest. Remember to clean the car both inside and out to avoid any unwanted quarantine cleaning fees. An MOT inspection is also required in the UK before your vehicle can be registered.

Car in a shipping container

Moving your Boat to the UK

Moving a boat to the UK is surprisingly similar to moving a car. However, there are a few different things to consider. Boats will be closely checked for marine species that must be quarantined in order to prevent their introduction into British waters. That’s why it is best to thoroughly clean your boat before relocating to the UK.

Moving your Pet to the UK

We know that your pets are an important part of your family. When moving with your pet to the UK, we offer a range of solutions whether you are moving your dog, cat or any other animal. All we need is the weight, breed, pick up and destination location and we can organise the rest.

Will I Need to Pay Duty/GST on my Shipment

If you are moving to the UK from Australia on a work visa, other form of sponsorship or simply returning to UK, your personal effects and household goods will be free of VAT fees as long as they have been owned for more than 12 months or originally purchased by you within the United Kingdom. There are particular items however which do attract duties. This includes fur skins, radio transmitters, rough diamonds and food products.

Download Your Customs Guide to the UK

Palmers Relocations Services to The Uk

Our international relocation services to The Uk include:

– Door-to-door service
– Shared container options
– Direct shipments
– Sea and Air Freight
– Car transportation
– Fixed price quotations

Get your free quote today and get a full international removal to the UK.